Lean & Six Sigma Principles are embraced by organizations who have a desire to drive relentlessly towards becoming leaner and becoming a provider of quality products/services. These principles are timeless and are the cornerstones of operational excellence.
We provide services and education related with Lean & Six Sigma to help organizations deploy and embrace lean thinking with six sigma quality and to assist them in transforming their organizations to become faster and more agile; to improve the quality of their products and services; to eliminate waste and reduce costs as a result; and to increase the involvement of their employees in improvement efforts resulting in higher morale.
The lean principles developed by Professor James Womack and Professor Daniel Jones include:
- Specify Value – define value from the standpoint of the final customer
- Identify the Value Stream - The entire set of activities needed to design and produce a product/service must be thoroughly understood and mapped out
- Flow - processes are made to flow (without interruption)
- Pull - Organizations must be structured so the customer can pull value from the producer
- Perfection - The whole enterprise must pursue not its competitors, but rather perfection